Articles of Faith
1) We believe that the Bible (1611 King James Translation), being comprised of both Old and New Testaments are the revealed and inspired word of God, and the only rule of faith and practice, particularly the New Testament for saints under this dispensation. (Ps. 12:6-7, 2Tim. 3:16, 2Peter 1:20-21).
2) We believe in only one true and living God, eternal in the heavens, and that there is a trinity of persons in the God Head, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, and yet these three are one God. (1 John 5:7, Matthew 28:19).
3) We believe that in the transgression of Adam he fell under the just condemnation of God’s holy law, and that all the human race was corrupted by him, and that it is utterly impossible for any of them to recover themselves or gain the favor of God by their own works or an act of their own will, being neither able nor willing. (Romans 5:12, 18, Romans 3:9-20, Ps. 14:1-3, John 6:44, Eph. 2:1, Ps. 51:5).
4) We believe God, before the foundation of the world, unconditionally elected a definite number of the human family and predestinated them to eternal life and glory. (Romans 8:29-30, Ephesians 1:3-7, Romans 9:10-16)
5) We believe that all of those whom God has unconditionally elected and predestinated are preserved in grace through Christ Jesus and can never finally fall away from the eternal love of God and the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. (John 10:27-30, Jude v.1, Romans 8:35-39).
6) We believe that all for whom Christ died will at sometime in their life, between conception and death, at God’s appointed time, be quickened/regenerated by the Spirit of God without the means of the gospel or any works of man and that this work of God is sovereign and effectual. (John 3:8, John 6:44, John 5:25, 2Timothy 1:9, Jude v.1)
7) We believe that baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances given to the church by Jesus Christ and that the washing of the saints’ feet is given as an example from Christ concerning church practice; that no man has the right to administer the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper but such as are regularly called and are ordained as Elders by the hands by the presbytery. (Matthew 28:19, Acts 2:38, Matthew 26:26-27, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26, John 13: 4-17).
8) We believe that the only true mode of baptism is by immersion and that true believers are the only subjects. (Matthew. 3:6, Mark 1:9-11, John 3:23, Acts 2:41, Acts 8:36-39).
9) We believe in the resurrection of the dead and a general judgment of both the just and the unjust, that the happiness of the righteous and the punishment of the wicked will both be eternal. (John 5:28-29, Matthew 25:31-46, 1 Thess. 4:13-18, Rev. 20:12-15, 2 Thess. 1:9).